Experimenting in a New Journal

I wanted to get a feel for my new journal from Useful Books on Etsy, so I did a little experimenting on the last page.  I love the way the journal is constructed, but I’ve never used the Magnani Velata paper that it is made of and I’ll need to get used to it.  I’ve been using sized Fabriano Venezia books or Aquabee’s for so long going back to unsized paper is odd.  It stood up well to watercolor without buckling and there was just the faintest ghosting on the reverse with the really heavy black marker.  Even though it felt like I was really roughing up the paper when I erased, it didn’t seem to cause any problem when I went back in with watercolor in those spots. The mad scientist rates this experiment a success!!!



I had fun printing a drawing I’d made of our travel  trailer being pulled by our ‘Shark’ of a truck and putting it into the cutout in the journal’s cover…


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: